Friday, January 17, 2014

Finding Happiness



We're a couple weeks into the new year already, but I wanted to share one goal of mine that I've found to be quite helpful. This was a resolution of mine last year as well, which was to do more things that made me happy. Vague, yes, but it is something that I think is so important.

I've realized that I'm in a huge transitioning period of my life. I'm constantly trying to figure out what I want to do with my life. I'm constantly taking new classes, living in new places, finding new part time jobs, etc, etc. I'm someone who doesn't always take changes easily... so this leads me to a lot of worrying, a lot of stress, and a lot of focus on the future instead of what's happening right now.

What I have to do, and what many of us surely need to do, is constantly remind ourselves that we deserve happiness. Whatever your worries are in life are assuredly valid, important reasons to stress about-- but we can't live with just the worries. We deserve to be happy. We deserve to do what it takes to find that happiness.

So do something that makes you happy. Start small-- take a walk, read a book, talk to an old friend, make cookies, donate your old clothes, or watch that movie you've been wanting to see. Then maybe move onto something big-- finally set a date, go on a mission trip, move, let go of a bad influence, lose that weight, or find a new job.

The thing I've realized about the typical New Year's Resolutions is that they're usually all things that will bring you happiness. Things that will better yourself. And remember that taking those steps to find happiness isn't a selfish thing... it's actually kind of necessary. You really deserve it.

Let me know one thing that you'll be doing to find happiness. I'll definitely be sharing some the things I do on here with you guys.

I hope you have a happy weekend.

♥ 

image via Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your sweet comments. I read every one and try to respond to them all!