Thursday, January 2, 2014

Favorite Moments of 2013

Well, 2013 has been a pretty great year. Although nothing too monumental happened, it was full of so many beautiful memories. I'm quite the nostalgic person, so today I wanted to share a my favorite moments from the past year (in chronological order, of course).


Becoming a sister of Alpha Gamma Delta.
I never, ever, ever thought I would be in a sorority, so I think this was a shock to several people. But, I became friends with a few of the members and joined back in the Spring. It has been an amazing experience so far-- I've met some amazing people, and friends that I know I'll have forever. I honestly wouldn't change a thing.





Finishing my first year of college.
College was always a part of my plan, but I never really knew what I wanted out of it. Not many people know this, but Freshman year wasn't a great time for me. I spent a lot of time rethinking and overanalyzing every single one of my decisions. It wasn't until the end of the year where I really felt that I had found my place there.



Starting a blog.
This was something I wanted to do for ages, & at the start of summer I finally launched Je M'appelle Molly. It's been an incredible process, & I love having a place to share my thoughts and inspirations with others. I love what this has become, but I can't wait to see where it goes.




Seeing my brother graduate.
Correction... seeing my brother graduate and become a 2nd Lieutenant in the Marine Corps. As much of a knuckle head as my brother is, I am so proud of him. Seeing him start a new chapter in his life was something I'll never forget-- and seeing him shake the President's hand was pretty cool, too.



My summer job.
At first I wasn't too excited to spend every day at my old school, but it turned out to be a pretty awesome job. I was a summer camp counselor, and I loved being able to work with kids. Even though they were obnoxious half the time, there were a couple kids that really impacted me. Definitely a summer I won't forget.



Declaring my major.
I've known what I wanted to major in since I started college, but officially declaring it was a pretty awesome moment. It sort of solidified everything for me, and now I can focus on figuring out what I want to do with it. By the way, I'm now a Media Studies major with a minor in Photography.



Finding happiness.
I guess this isn't really a specific moment, but we'll overlook that. And please don't think I was terribly depressed before or anything. It's just that one of my resolutions for 2013 was to do more things that made me happy. I've done a lot of those things, but more importantly I've gotten to a place where I'm content. I'm happy with my friendships, with myself, and with my choices in life. I don't really know where it's all going, but I'm happy with where I am so far.

Thanks for a great year. Here's to 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your sweet comments. I read every one and try to respond to them all!