Saturday, December 7, 2013

DIY Light-Up Christmas Sweater

Happy Saturday to you! It is a bit odd posting on a Saturday, but in the spirit of Christmas I am committed to these 25 Days of Blogging. Today's post is an homage to what has become one of my most prized possessions... my Christmas sweater. I assembled this together about a month ago now for a tacky Christmas occasion, and I have quite a few other times I can wear it in the upcoming weeks.



I've actually found it quite difficult to find really classic, tacky Christmas sweaters. I got this one at Walmart, where you can always find something terribly tacky. By the way, my hat and my shoes in the picture above are both from Target!



The sweater did take a while to put together, but I'm so happy I did. I had 3 strings of battery powered lights from posters I made for a Taylor Swift concert, so I used 1 string of white lights on the front, and 2 red on the back. I just poked the lights through the sweater and used a lot of duct tape to keep them on there. The lights do weigh down the sweater, especially in the back, but I really don't mind. I couldn't be happier with how the sweater turned out!

Enjoy your Saturday! Come back for another post tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your sweet comments. I read every one and try to respond to them all!