Monday, October 28, 2013

Homesick







Right now I'm at college, so home is a three hour drive from here. I came to school around the second week of August, and haven't been home since. I think it's the longest I've been away, and I'm really starting to miss it. This semester has been super busy, so there just hasn't been a good time to head home. I'm also car-less, so going home just for a night is pretty impractical. I just miss sleeping in my own bed, and having my mom in the next room over. I miss driving down the same familiar roads. I miss my backyard. One thing I miss the most about home is always having my dog, Hershey(seen above), right there. This is definitely the longest since I've seen her. She's getting really old, so I'm always a little scared something might happen while I'm gone. I think I'll get to go home in about 3 weeks though, and I cannot wait. I know there are a ton of people who are in the same boat I am, so I shouldn't be complaining. I just miss it. I also apologize for the very whiny post today... it won't happen again for a bit, I promise.

I'm curious, how have you dealt with being homesick?

2 comments:

  1. I used to get homesick while away at school. And I felt the same way about my aging cat, Mopsy! It's hard :( I just kept busy with school work and my friends (my school "family") and it was always great to get a date on the calender when I knew I was going home so I could work toward that and look forward to it. Hang in there, girl ... and enjoy school while you're there! Now that I'm 4 years out of school, I definitely miss it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the advice, it means a lot! I'm definitely enjoying my time here at school. There's just nothing like being home though!

      Delete

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your sweet comments. I read every one and try to respond to them all!