Thursday, July 11, 2013

DIY: Bird Cage Revamp

For this month's Thursday Theme I wanted to share a few easy & inexpensive do it yourself projects that I've been working on. When I say easy, I mean really easy. I bought these two small bird cages at Michaels a few weeks ago and wanted to do something fun with them. The black and orange didn't exactly go with the colors in my room, so I just spray painted them white. Really simple, really easy, and I think they add a nice touch to my room. After reorganizing my room (as seen here), I needed a few more decor pieces to fill some spaces.






It took several coats, but I love how they turned out. The total cost was about 3 dollars I believe. I don't have the Michaels receipt, but the cages were on clearance and BOGO! I also just used spray paint I found (thanks Amanda)... so that didn't cost me anything! Be sure to come back next Thursday for another (slightly more complicated) DIY project!

2 comments:

  1. I love how they turned out! The white makes them a bit shabby chic. Do you like the paint you used? I have a metal plant stand that I've been meaning to paint and I'll need some sort of indoor-outdoor paint for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's what I was hoping for. I did like the paint, but since I found it in my friend's garage I think it was a little old. It worked well for what I wanted, and it dried really fast!

      Delete

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your sweet comments. I read every one and try to respond to them all!